Written on: Updated on:
I would love to hear your views, opinions, questions and feedback on my site however there are a few simple ground rules that come into play when doing so.
By posting on my site you agree to the following ground rules:
- Don’t be a Dick. This goes without saying really but no one likes someone who doesn’t respect others. Keep it clean, non-offensive, kind and treat others, including myself, as you would have them treat you.
- You can comment without registering.
- You can post anonymously but this isn’t recommended as we all really want to know who we’re talking to. If you are going to comment anonymously then ground rule #1 is especially relevant to you.
- I reserve the right to delete any comment on this site. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments so please don’t take offence if your comment is removed or unpublished. It’s nothing personal, it’s my subjective opinion.
- I welcome questions. I would rather receive your question here than via email as I can respond for others to see as well.
- You can disagree with me. I welcome debate. However, I ask that if you disagree with me, or anyone else, please adhere to ground rule #1.
- I can disagree with you. As you are entitled to disagree with me, I am extended the same right. I promise to strictly adhere to ground rule #1 if and when I do disagree with you.
- You can post a link to your site or a relevant third-party article or post. I will, however, not tolerate spam links or links that are off-topic and posted purely for self-promotion. This breaches ground rule #1 IMHO so your comment is likely to get removed.
- You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that can result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that can result from those postings.
- You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
That’s it folks. Ten, simple ground rules that if followed, will facilitate mature, respectful conversation on this site.